Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Whole Wheat Pasta


Yes, we had spaghetti tonight. No, I didn't make the sauce from scratch. Why? Because the kids would rather have Prego (no offense to the Prego people). Seriously? The cold hard truth is ..yes. I have tried in vain to make my sauce from scratch but each and every time I get "we like the other sauce". To make myself feel better, I add fresh garlic and this spicy Italian seasoning that I buy online to doctor it up a bit. Then I simmer it for at least 30 minutes to cook out the jar taste.

Whatever.

Now, I'm pretty picky about my pasta. I have tried several whole wheat varieties but the texture is either grainy or it leaves a strange taste in your mouth. Not this pasta! It takes a couple of minutes longer to cook but the texture is just like white pasta. Plus, for those of you who are trying to incorporate as much organic food in your diet as you can...it's organic!
Thank you Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment