Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taco Sunday

When I was a teenager, I would go to Taco Bell for "Taco Sunday" which entailed getting disgusting beef tacos practically for free or something. So anyway....a while ago I was looking for something fairly easy for Sunday dinner. Having PD (perfection disorder...duh!) like I do, I use Sunday nights to get things ready for A. Work on Monday and B. School, lunches etc.

Taco Sunday was reborn! Only, homemade and not from Taco Bell - ewwww. No offense to those of you who like Taco Bell....here's my disclaimer "the thoughts and opinions of this blog are meant to be those of the author only and may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the readers"

Lately, taco Sunday has morphed into "Burrito Bowl Sunday" as well.


I love the burrito bowls that you get from Chipotle, or Qdoba. If you have never had them, they are tasty. I even do my rendition of cilantro-lime rice to have with them.

No tantrums, no drama. Just food. Sorry to bore you.

Quick side note...I was at Costco today doing my weekly thing. I just loooooorve that store - swoon... when I spotted the sample lady sampling Yoplait Parfait Bites. I am not someone who goes to Costco for the sample smorgusboard that seems to be everywhere. I only sample the things I am interested in buying. I tried these and they are quite tasty. It took me back to buying good humor bars from Joe, the ice cream man. Not the ice cream van thingies that drive around now...can you say creepy? They come in bags of about 5 bites and are 150 calories a bag. Low sodium and sugar. It's yoplait covered in granola with strawberry jam inside. It was my dessert tonight and quite yummy for 150 calories. That's my product placement for today, Yoplait can send me my royalties later.....are you listening, Yoplait?

Ok, bye.



Burrito Bowls - No recipe...just memory

Basmati rice
Meat of choice. I use ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning.
Corn
Black beans
Chopped cilantro
Fresh Lime juice
Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo
Chopped green onions
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
Avacado
Cilantro
Lime
Salt to taste

1. Make meat with mexican/taco seasoning.
2. Make rice and with the water add chopped cilantro to taste and the juice of 1 lime.
3. Prepare all the other ingredients.
4. When rice and meat are done, spoon rice in bottom of bowl and top with other ingredients..or, whatever you would put on a taco. The key is to taste the rice and adjust the lime juice and salt to your taste.

That's really all.
Yum



2 comments:

  1. is it a can? a cup? a pkg? a bunch? a bag?........ i hate it when there are no measurements...... help a sista out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm you say you have PD and I have PD and one with PD cannot cook with "a little of this" and "a little of that" ... hee hee

    ReplyDelete