Saturday, February 25, 2012

Again, with the heavy cream....

I know, I haven't been blogging. If it helps, I haven't been cooking. Cooking anything new, that is.

I missed you, so...a blog is what's on the docket today.

My sister-in-law, Crystal just finished sitting my dog for, oh...off and on about 3 weeks. And I was trying to figure out a way to say "thank you". We decided that I would cook and deliver her family dinner! Ooh, an excuse to cook! These days, I haven't been too motivated so an excuse to cook is always welcome.

Which, turned into an excuse to blog.

Why?

I made ziti.

I have made this dish successfully, and not so successfully in the past. Today, I made a list! I had some running around to do and I was going to hit the store on the way home, cook dinner, and deliver at 6! Seems simple enough.

So, I'm cooking away and I get to the part of the recipe where I need heavy cream. Remember the blog where I forgot to put the heavy cream in the recipe? Well.....THIS time, I forgot to BUY the heavy cream.

Really?

Turn off the stove, stop the simmering, get my purse and go to the store. This is another pet peeve of mine...forgetting something at a place where I just was. Grrr.

Long story short, the fricken fracken ziti is in the oven and I am back on track. The sun is streaming in the window as it sets and I am blogging away with Sirius radio on.

All's well, that ends well.

Just thought I would share.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere. I hope things are returning to normal (or what counts as normal for you.)
    It's good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete