Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Abracadabra bread!

...Thank you Kristin!

I totally renamed this bread recipe.  I renamed it mainly because it was like I mixed some ingredients up and ....abracadabra!  Bread.  Not just bread...but bread I ACTUALLY wanted to eat.
It isn't crap
It isn't a paperweight
It is actual bread, bread!
Like, I would totally serve it to people.
I can't even give hints or tips.  I just followed the recipe and bread came out!
It's magic.
I got the recipe from a friend who got it from a demonstration at a local winery.  I slightly adapted it and can't believe how easy it was.

Look!  Look!  It's bread.
Bread even I can make.....

Recipe:

3 cups flour total (I used 2 cups white and 1 cup wheat)
¼ tsp instant dry yeast
1-1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups water

• Mix together dry ingredients
• Mix in the water until incorporated.  Dough will look like wet oatmeal (mine didn’t…but it still worked out)
• Cover with plastic or put in air tight plastic container with hole drilled in it for venting.
• Let sit in for 12-18 hours (I put it on top of the refrigerator)

• Turn out onto well floured surface, flatten gently then fold in three like a letter then in half
• Cover loosely with plastic and rest for 15 minutes
• Transfer to enameled cast iron dutch oven lined with parchment paper, cover with plastic and a towel and put back on top of the refrigerator (or somewhere warm) and let rise about 1-1/2 hrs.
• Bake covered in a preheated oven at 450-475 degrees for 45-55 minutes.  Take the lid off the last few to brown the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment