Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cross your fingers and hope for the best (a baking post)

So my son, Antonio, learned how to make chocolate chip cookies in home ec class back in 6th grade. Chris proclaimed that they were his favorite chocolate chip cookies. Thus, every time we make cookies (which, trust me, isn't that often) it has to be Antonio's recipe.

You know how in cooking....you can tweak, add, subtract and change recipies to suit your tastes? In baking I am under the impression that you can't do that as easy because of the whole science of it. I guess I was wrong. Chris wanted me to make Antonio's chocolate chip cookies only with cocoa powder and peanut butter chips. Science...math? Are you kidding? While I was audibly hemming and hawing in the kitchen he just simply gave me the ratios of dry ingredients to change. And so, Antonio's chocolate peanut butter chip cookies were born. I used my new cookie sheets and cookie scoop to ease the stress of it all and they turned out pretty good. Whew.

Recipe:

1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 package peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 375
Cream together sugar, butter and vanilla in a mixer. Add eggs and mix. In another bowl mix together dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet mixing just until everything is incorporated. Drop (or scoop) onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. I baked them for 10. Cool and eat.

1 comment: