Saturday, December 19, 2009

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight

So, here I am feeling all Christmassy (which doesn't happen) and I thougth - hey, those spritz cookies turned out so well (and easy) the other night I should bake some and give them as gifts!

So I am. Well, I am as of today ...we will see how long this takes me as I can't stand babysitting baked goods.

I digress.

A change from the last time is I discovered that I work close to a Sur La Table cooking gadetry store. Ooooooh, ahhhhh. And I figured I may as well have 2 very good cookie sheets used only for cookies just in case the mood strikes right? Right. I am a firm believer in the notion that if you have the proper tools/gadgets for your task it is more enjoyable and easier to accomplish. Go me! So I have these cookie sheets and I figured I would break them in with this spritz "cookie gift" idea. And since none of my friends really know about it..I can abort at any time and nobody is the wiser.

Let me tell you, if you don't have quality cookie sheets...you are missing out. I hate to bake, but I can appreciate a good piece of baking equipment when I see it and these are. http://www.surlatable.com/nav/i/category/nonstick+baking+sheets/*/price+range/%2410+%E2%80%93+%2424.99/n/217.do?keyword=chicago+metallic&sortby=ourPicks

The ones I have are the cookie sheets. The above link is a picture of both the jelly roll pan with the cookie sheet on the top. The cookie sheet was the 2nd higest rated by CooksIllustrated. They don't steer you wrong. They are $20.00 each and worth every penny.

The brown evenly and there is a large surface for the cookies. I am not even going to show a picture of the cookie sheet I used for the last batch..too scary. Let's just say that I had no business using it and have retired it to other purposes. It's a Christmas miracle that they even turned out.

I had a much longer, wittier blog but then I lost it all (boo hiss) and the moment is gone. Just get decent cookie sheets already!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see a picture of the cookie sheet you used for the last batch, come on!! I have a feeling I know what it looks like, I have one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jannell, what a talent you have!
    Anya and I think your sub-title is hilarious! We can relate when we get in that meticulously detailed shopping-prepping-cooking-grilling mood. Only the best ingredients and the highest expectations at that point. I'm getting locally famous in a few dishes myself. (ok, so that was exagerated just a little)
    Thanks for this blog! We enjoy your fun-lovin writing style. Keep Jannell's Kitchen cooking! Anya is a regular to recipe zaar.com, so we'll also check back here for more inspiration -DC

    ReplyDelete